Invisalign – Florham Park, NJ
A Beautiful Smile Without the Hassle of Uncomfortable Treatment
No matter what your age is, nobody wants to have to endure a mouth full of metal brackets and wires for years on end. Dr. John Carollo wants to improve his patients’ oral health without putting their comfort or daily lifestyle at stake. That’s why he offers the latest orthodontic treatment, Invisalign clear braces. Not only is this treatment discreet and significantly more comfortable, but patients who choose Invisalign can improve their smile in less time than those with braces. If you’re curious about how Invisalign treatment can benefit you, and whether or not it’s a good solution for your unique dental issues, schedule your initial consultation with Dr. John Carollo.
Why Choose Dr. John Carollo For Invisalign?
- Saturday Appointment Availability
- Experienced & Skilled Dentist
- Personalized Orthodontic Care
The Invisalign Process
Instead of metal brackets and wires, Invisalign uses customized clear, plastic aligners to gently shift your teeth into their ideal positions. You’ll wear each set of trays for about two weeks each, moving one step closer to your end result after each aligner transition. Over the course of your treatment timeline, you’ll notice your teeth become gradually straighter and more aligned.
Every six to eight weeks, you’ll visit our office to pick up your new sets of trays. We’ll also conduct a quick progress check to make sure you’re on track to finish by your projected date. Typically, these appointments only last about 15 minutes, so you can easily squeeze them into a lunch break or at your earliest convenience. As you get closer to your finish date, Dr. Carollo or Dr. Sufian will discuss options for retainers and how long you’ll need to wear one for in order to maintain your beautiful results.
Indications for Invisalign
Invisalign is a more versatile orthodontic treatment than many people believe. Here are a few of the several issues that Invisalign aligners can fix.
Having teeth that are bunched together in your mouth can create snug nooks and crannies for harmful substances like plaque and tartar to hide in. This can leave you at a higher risk of experiencing common oral health issues like cavities and gum disease by making it more difficult to brush and floss your teeth.
Gaps Between Teeth
Having spaces between teeth makes some people feel unattractive or self-conscious about showing their smile. Not to mention, these areas can fill up with plaque, tartar, and food debris, causing bad breath and other oral conditions.
Bite Alignment Problems
If you have minor overbite, underbite, or crossbite, it can cause you to grind and clench your teeth, wearing down your enamel and causing dental damage. This can result in serious issues down the road when it’s left untreated.
Benefits of Invisalign
Many patients choose Invisalign orthodontic treatment because it offers a variety of unique advantages besides simply straightening your smile. Here are some benefits you can expect to enjoy throughout and after your treatment:
- Discretion: Your aligners will be practically unnoticeable because they’ll be made from a clear plastic that’s fitted to hug your teeth perfectly. That way, you’ll be able to smile and speak with complete confidence as you’re undergoing treatment.
- Better Oral Health: After your teeth have been aligned and straightened using Invisalign aligners, you’ll be able to easily clear away food particles and plaque that can cause oral health problems.
- Removable Convenience: Although you have to wear your aligners for 22 hours every day, you’ll be able to take them out to make tasks like eating, brushing, and flossing easier and more effective.
- Added Comfort: Instead of having sharp and jagged brackets and wires irritate your oral tissues, you’ll be able to enjoy the added comfort of smooth, customized aligners that are made especially for your mouth.
Cost of Invisalign
Every Invisalign treatment plan is different, which means that there’s no default cost for the treatment. To find out how many aligners you’ll need to achieve the results you’re looking for, you’ll need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Carollo or Dr. Sufian. He’ll examine your mouth and speak with you about whether Invisalign is you best option. Afterward, he’ll develop a customized treatment timeline that outlines individualized details such as the cost.